BASS LAKE ASSOCIATION
2022 Bass Lake Photo Contest - Opens July 1st, 2022
Dock Rock returns...
The show must go on! Neil and Drew Leicester will be returning for Dock Rock 2022 on Saturday, July 2nd from 2pm to 4pm. Everyone is invited to park their boat / floatation in the bay across from the crown land.
The event will be supporting the Kelly Shires Breast Cancer Foundation again. Please make sure to bring a donation in your bathing suit or you can e-transfer your donation email@example.com.
Silent Auction To Support Kelly Shires
Drew Leicester has created a beautiful charcuterie board to be auctioned off with all proceeds going to Kelly Shires. This board is truly stunning.
- Submit all bids to firstname.lastname@example.org. The bidding is open and will remain open until Dock Rock starts on July 2nd.
Open to all Bass Lake cottagers and family members
Photos must be original.
Photos must be taken between September 20th, 2021 and October 14th, 2022.
Photos must not have been submitted for entry, or have been cited or won, any other photo contest.
Photographers retain ownership over their photographs.
Photographers must ensure that they have any and all necessary permissions from any third parties
(people or property) that might appear in the submitted photographs.
Photographers agree to allow the Bass Lake Association to use their photos for purposes related to
the activities of the association.
- Children and Youth (photographer is under 18 years of age)
- Landscapes and Nature
- Portraits - People
- Portraits - Pets (**New for 2022)
1. Technical requirements
- Take a photo with any device
- JPG files only
- No watermarks
- No cropping
- No filters applied
2. Important reminders
- If you're using a mobile device, ensure your camera is set to the highest resolution possible. (This is the default setting unless you've changed it)
- Avoid adding filters on photo editing apps. These filters can compromise the quality of the photo
- Cropping images taken on mobile devices can also compromise the quality of the photo
How To Submit Your Entry
- Please submit your entries for the 2021 Bass Lake Photo Contest using this GOOGLE FORM.
- All entries into the photo contest will be shared via the new BassLakeWeb Instagram account.
- Follow along so you can vote for the People’s Choice photo when the time comes.
- Photos must be submitted by no later than Friday October 14th, 2022.
- If you have any questions about the photo contest, or any difficulty accessing the Google Entry Form, please feel free to send an e-mail to email@example.com.
1. The jurors
- Members of the Bass Lake Association are invited to apply to be juror’s for the contest
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to tell us a little something about yourself and why you think you're a good fit for judging our photography contest. No experience necessary.
2. Announcing the Shortlist
- The juror’s will announce their shortlist of photos approx. one week after the contest closes.
- The final announcement of the winning photos will be made via the Bass Lake Association website at or near the end of September.
- Winners will also be announced via the regular Bass Lake Update e-mail blast.
- The winners in each category will receive a gift certificate to a local retailer or restaurant… and bragging rights.
Judging begins on Monday October 17th
SCAN the QR code to enter your photos.
Parade of Lights
Everybody on the lake is invited to decorate their boat and/or their dock with christmas lights, glow sticks, or whatever you want.
- Date: Saturday, September 3rd, 2022 (If it rains, we will do it the following day)
- Time: Approximately 8:30pm
- Location: Assemble out in the big bay
Bass Lake Cranberry Sauce Contest
Thanksgiving Food Drive
Whip up your best cranberry sauce for a chance to win bragging rights and prizes.
- Judging will take place at the Bass Lake Roadhouse.
- Saturday October 9th
- Have yourself and your sauce there for 2:00 pm sharp.
We still require volunteer judges from the lake to evaluate each sauce on flavour, creativity, originality, presentation, and name.
- Please contact Carrie at email@example.com.
Photo credit: Parade Time by Ryan Thomas.
Winner, Landscapes and Nature, Bass Lake Photo Contest 2020.
Photo Credit: Bo Karantjas, Cousins.
Grand Prize winner, Bass Lake Photo Contest 2021
In the same spirit by which the Torrance Barrens (pictured) has been designated as a Dark-Sky Reserve, members of the Bass Lake community are invited to turn out the lights on a common evening to celebrate the beauty of the dark sky.
Learn more at the International Dark Sky Reserves website.
This year to be Saturday July 15th, 2022
- Timed to follow the Super Buck Moon of July 13th - the largest full moon of 2022
- Learn more about all of the Celestial Happenings for Summer 2022 at The Weather Network
Lights Out: Saturday July 15th
Do you like to paddle? Getting up early in the morning and going for a solo paddle is lovely… but it’s also nice to sometimes paddle with a partner, or even a small group.
Indeed, it might just be the incentive needed to get out there and get moving on those days when you really want to paddle but inertia - and your morning cup of tea or coffee, or afternoon drinks and nibbles - keep you firmly rooted to the spot. Knowing that you had committed to paddle with someone w/could be the push you need to actually get up and get paddling.
In these days of COVID when you’re not really having many guests at the cottage, consider joining our newly constituted Bass Lake Paddlers group. Meet new people, and up your exercise ante all at once.
All are welcome... kayaks, canoes, paddle boards... whatever you paddle, join us.
We communicate and co-ordinate using the ‘What’s App’ app.
Bass Lake Paddlers
Drop off at the Bass Lake Roadhouse
- Saturday October 9th
- 1:00pm to 2:00pm
Please help support our local Mactier Foodbank by dropping off items at the restaurant.
- Clean out your cottage pantry for the winter or throw in a few extra items when doing your Thanksgiving grocery shopping.
All non perishable food is needed but for those who have asked, their specific current needs are:
- Personal hygiene products
- Kids healthy snack food that they can take to school
- Oatmeal , pancake mix & syrup, cereal
If you are unable to make the drop off at the restaurant, you can also support the Food Drive by making a monetary donation.
- Send your donation, via e-transfer as you would your BLA Association Membership dues.
- E-mail to Jo-Anne Goodwin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to include a note that this is for the food drive